11.03.2008

Ready or not - Winter is here

Winter in Indiana isn't so much about snow and cold, it's about holding on during the endless few months of gray days, holding on for the promise of spring. Today came the abrupt reminder that winter is here. As I walked out of the office late this afternoon I noticed to my shock that the sun had set and darkness was following closely behind. What? No more spending a couple hours outside after work, enjoying the remainder of the day?

Indeed, since Hoosiers now follow most of the rest of the country in turning back the clocks to observe Daylight Saving Time, darkness now comes earlier than I have become accustomed to during the long summer. And those clocks were turned back over the weekend, so today I drove home from work in near darkness.

So, it's time to buckle down and hold on - winter has arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment