11.24.2008

Hobby Revival: Photography

After learning how to shoot film on a Pentax K1000 back in the day, my passion for photography waned after a few years, supplanted by my profession as a video photog in the television news business. A couple of years ago I found myself in possession of a new-fangled digital SLR, the Canon Digital Rebel XT. I'm happy to say I have finally started to shoot some photographs in earnest.

My friend Dan and I took a special trip downtown on Saturday, visiting Robert's Photo for some supplies, then walking around the new Lucas Oil Stadium shooting photos along the route. Dan with his Nikon and myself with a Canon, we compared images later that day.

Then again Sunday, I walked up and down Zionsville's Main Street experimenting with my camera. Dare I say I'm enjoying it? Maybe stirring up a passion?

No comments:

Post a Comment